Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stop me if you've heard this one...

How do you know a blonde has used a computer? There is white out on the screen.

How do you know that Marlowe has used the computer? there is writing over the white out.

Ok this story is too entertaining to keep to myself. So last Friday, January 16, Evelyn had another cardiology appointment at 1:30. I was so on the ball getting the kids ready. The kids were dressed, looking cute, fed and happy and we were out the door in time to get there on time. Since I'm usually late, I was feeling pretty successful. I had snacks, toys, activities, and Jacob had his stethoscope just in case the Dr. needed help.
We got down to the clinic, found a front-row parking spot, then had to wait in line for what seemed like forever once we got inside. When I finally got up to the desk, I told the girl Evelyn's name and she looked through her stack of files. Evelyn's wasn't there, so she took my insurance card. She asked who we were there to see and I told her, somewhat rudely, that we were there to see Dr. Pophal at 1:30. By this time, it was 1:40, so I was a little annoyed that she was going so slow and messing up my successful day. She asked me if I was sure and then told me that Dr. Pophal isn't at that office on Fridays. So I asked if she had a way of knowing if we had an echo and I just went to the wrong office. She called over to the Echo office and was put on hold. As she was doing that, I was talking about how I knew I would do that sometime, confuse the offices and go to the wrong place. How embarassing! Since I was there and the lady was still on hold I asked her when our appointment at this clinic was. She looked it up and then started grinning at me. FEBRUARY 16 is our next appointment. I was only a month and 20 minutes early. Talk about being efficient. I just did a Dr. office drill. Now I know I can do it. Probably will never happen again.

2 comments:

The Ziegler Family said...

Good job Marlowe! Way to be ahead of the game.

Diana said...

That is funny! and you are not even blonde! Good luck getting there in a month!