
This was our Easter meal. I decided that it would be fun to have fish and honeycomb as Jesus had after his resurrection. (Luke 24:42) We had salmon, asparagus, berries, unleavened bread (I made it and it was really good), and chocolate covered honeycomb from Sprouts. We ate our meal picnic style on the livingroom floor. Jacob was so excited and kept thanking me for everything and serving us grapes, fish, etc. He even kept Evelyn well stocked with her little baby food puff things. After dinner, we showed Jacob a picture of Christ at the Last Supper and talked about what it meant and what Jesus did. He acted really interested and when we were done said, "oh, that's pretty nice." It's neat talking to little kids about spiritual things because they are still so pure and close to the spirit. They actually teach us more than we teach them. I guess that's why we are supposed to become as little children.

Speaking of little children, here's Evelyn trying to stand. She stood there for quite a while. One time when she was reaching to grab the blue tower type thing on the top, I thought she was going to fall so I put my hand on her back to steady her. She looked at me as if to say, "What exactly do you think you're doing? I am pretty much a pro." She is definitely going to be an active, get into everything baby. We love her more each day and are so glad she is able to be so active. We can't believe she is already 10 months old. It seems like just a short time ago we were finding out about all of her problems and what she was going to have to go through. She's gone through a lot already, but you'd never know it just to look at her. She is an amazing little spirit!
2 comments:
What a neat Easter meal!! That is such a cool idea.
Very good idea Marlowe. You were always very clever. By the way, Jacob sits cross legged just like his daddy!
Post a Comment