I just had to brag that Evelyn started crawling a couple of weeks ago. She had gotten up early with daddy and had army crawled about 3 feet. When I came down and he reported that to me, we were excited, expecting that she would take after her brother and army crawl for a looooong time before deciding to get on her hands and knees. Boy, did we underestimate her! As Joseph was saying the prayer before he left, I was watching her (moms are exempt from the close-your-eyes rule). I was glad was because she just got up on hands and knees and crawled about 5 feet to me. I gasped and Joseph looked, finished the prayer and we cheered. She did so well, I think she's been cheating by practicing while we weren't looking. Since then, she has also learned to climb the stairs and is pulling up to stand. I think she'll probably walk earlier than Jacob did (thank goodness), which shouldn't be too hard since he was 16 months old before he walked. We're very proud of her.

Jacob went with Daddy to the father & sons campout last weekend. He was so excited to get to sleep in the tent and go hiking with Dad and Grandpa. He even learned to chop wood (yep, FATHER and sons campout). Everyone came home whole, happy and exhausted. Jacob was so tired, he fell asleep on his dinner at 5:30, slept through my wrestling his shorts off and tugging a pullup on. He stayed asleep until 12:30, put on pajamas and went right back to sleep. 

He had a great time and I am amazed by how grown up he has been acting. We are now Mom and Dad more often and he can take care of himself more and more. He is still a sweet little boy who helps his baby sister and any other little ones who are around. We were watching our friend's little boy who is a few months older than Evelyn. When his mommy left, he got a little fussy so Jacob went over and got him a toy. Then he sat down next to him and said, "It's ok little boy, your mommy's gone 'bye' but she'll be back soon. Come here and play with me." He took very good care of his little friend.


He had a great time and I am amazed by how grown up he has been acting. We are now Mom and Dad more often and he can take care of himself more and more. He is still a sweet little boy who helps his baby sister and any other little ones who are around. We were watching our friend's little boy who is a few months older than Evelyn. When his mommy left, he got a little fussy so Jacob went over and got him a toy. Then he sat down next to him and said, "It's ok little boy, your mommy's gone 'bye' but she'll be back soon. Come here and play with me." He took very good care of his little friend.The other night, I was talking to Jacob and asked what he wants to be when he grows up. He paused, looked thoughtful and said, "Um, I think I will be a bishop." I guess all the prayers for our new bishop have made an impression.
Joseph is ready for this school year to be over. He has been working with another teacher this month. It's had it's positives and negatives, but at least it's a change. He still loves the school he works for and is doing well. We're anxious for him to be done so we can be closer to our trip to Washington in July. We are excited to go and to see family and friends along the way.
I made a cake for my friend's baby shower tonight. Her theme is astronomy, so this is what I came up with. It was really fun to do and everyone said it was pretty tasty.

I was really proud of how the face turned out, but I couldn't get a good close-up of it. Just trust me that it was cute.
3 comments:
Marlowe, cute cake! I can't believe how fast those kids are growing up. MAKE THEM STOP! Cant wait to see you this summer.
cute cake! even cuter kids. Jacob is acting so old. I can't wait for July!
Marlowe, You are getting way too good at this cake thing. You are going to be swamped with cake requests. What shall we make when you are here?
Post a Comment