Here are the top 11 things that have happened in the Blodgett house since I last blogged. By saying that they're the top 11, I don't mean they're the BEST things that have happened to us, just the only ones I can actually remember. I was going to make it 20 things, but I can't remember 20. Now, in no particular order:
1. The calendars turned out spectacular and March really is the cutest month, in my opinion. When we showed them to Jacob, he was so excited that he wanted to go wake Evelyn up to show her the pictures. As soon as we heard her awake upstairs, he bolted up there saying, "Little Miss, it's you!" It was very cute.
2. Joseph lost his job. Very long and frustrating story. We don't really mind telling it, just don't feel like typing it on here. If you really want to know and don't already, just ask.
3. Same day we found out about #2, we found out that baby # 3 is on his/her way. We decided that since we already have 1 of each gender, we would like to be surprised by this one. We'll see how it works.
4. Evelyn was retested for allergies. Tests came back negative for the scratch test and the blood test, but they wouldn't do the "open challenge" where they give her the food and wait for a reaction because she freaks out when she sees pretty much anybody in scrubs. We have sort of tried our own "open challenges," but every time we do, something happens that makes us doubt whether we should or not. For example, we gave her pizza for the first time and she puked all over me an hour later. We still have not gained the confidence to just give her the milk, eggs and corn and are giving her some time to get over her phobia of Doctors. Can't really blame the girl since most of her recent visits to a medical facility have been monthly shots in both legs. They are big ol' syringes that are full, too. Poor girl. At least those are over now. They were for RSV prevention, by the way.
5. We had all our scans and tests to look at the baby and everything is in its correct place. Heart is perfect and everything looks healthy. I had an appointment today and the Dr. looked at the baby with a super old ultrasound machine and saw the baby with its 5 fingers extended and said that it is a very good sign. Apparently it is a "cheat" way to determine if the baby has Down Syndrome. (fingers extended means no Down syndrome.) Interesting, I know.
6. We put our house up for sale. it is worth nearly 1/5 of waht we paid so we are trying for a short sale. We're really not sad to be leaving it, but not exactly happy for the circumstances. We will move when and where Joseph gets a job.
7. Joseph has been working very hard on his Master's degree in ELL. The program he is working on is self-paced, so hopefully he will be done by the time the baby gets here. He has been doing a spectacular job and working very quickly. He is in his last semester (I believe. I keep getting confused.) and has only been working on it for 9 months or so.
8. Kids have been growing like crazy! Both have had little growth spurts and outgrown all of their clothes. Darn kids. Gotta stop that!
9. Evelyn has started talking quite a bit. Some of the words that pretty much anyone can understand are truck, baby, mommy, daddy, ball, milk, juice, treat. She's really funny because she points out all the dump trucks on the road and loves motorcycles, busses, babies and smelling flowers. I guess that's what happens when you have a big brother. She's really dainty and girly looking, but loves all the boy stuff too. She is doing great, health-wise also. She's very active and will try pretty much anything. She has gotten more bumps and bruises than I think I have had in my entire life. She just gets a good cry, then is up like nothing ever happened.
10. Jacob continues to be an awesome big brother. He has a terrific memory and tells us about things we did over a year ago-including details we have forgotten. He loves going to the zoo and telling scripture stories. His best is Nephi and the broken bow. He describes in detail how Nephi made a new bow and arrow and everything else that happened. Some of what he tells us the scriptures must have left out. He's also pretty good at David and Goliath. And Jonah. He has quite the imagination and we love to hear his stories.
11. I ran a half marathon. I finished. It was a good experience. If you had asked me on the day I did it, I would have said it was done and never needed to be repeated. I may have second thoughts on that later, though. It's easy to say I'd do it again now that I can't even walk upstairs without being winded, but we'll just have to see. I wouldn't mind doing another one sometime in the future, though. It was good to set and accomplish a goal.
Well, that's all I can think of right now. If we're lucky, I'll get some pictures up soon. I'm just really tired right now.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We understand the unemployment thing. Jon has been out of work for over a year, Creative living is my middle name. Each month I think how are we going to make it and then some how we do. You're in our hearts always
Congrats on #3 Exciting news!
This is so crazy....I found your blog on Jon and Andrea Fernelius' blog...are you related to them or something? They are in my ward! Anyways...I don't know if you remember me, but I saw the name Marlowe on their list and figured it had to be you since you are the only one I've ever met! Your kids are adorable...congrats on #3...I just had my 3rd girl 8 weeks ago and it's been pretty good so far...a little crazy, but no complaints here....hope everything else is going well for you! Have you kept in touch with anyone else from Ecuador?
Mommy Nellie (nellieandbubba.blogspot.com)
Tired? I can't imagine why. That is quite the list! You forgot to add what a wonderful trip to Utah you had! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment