Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Allergist appointment

This is a rather boring post, but I wanted to update everyone. We went to the allergist today and Evelyn was tested for 40 different foods. Turns out she is allergic to milk, eggs and corn. So now I have to totally eliminate those from my diet and then add one back in to make sure she really is allergic to it. I don't have any allergies, so I don't really know how these things work, but there is NO doubt she is allergic to milk. She gets a rash every time I have anything dairy. We get to go back in 2 weeks for some more testing. One interesting tidbit--remember my earlier post about her breaking out after eating rice cereal? She did not test positive for rice. Like I said, I don't know how these things work, but I'm still not giving her any more rice cereal for a while. Maybe never.

3 comments:

Andie said...

I feel some of your pain, so to speak, my daughter Alyssa has some allergies. we found out the hard way one day before church. Made for a long morning in the ER all because she tried a cashew.
Give her a big squeeze for us.

ParmeleeFam said...

thanks for the update. That new diet will take some getting used to won't it. Good luck!

StrongerFamilies said...

allergic to milk!!! Awful news. Ice cream is a staple in the Ridley diet. We've got a dear family member who is allergic to wheat - I had NO IDEA how many things (seemingly un-wheat-related) that have wheat in them in some form!

The good news, poor Evelyn, is that now maybe you'll feel better more often.