I have noticed that most of the news and updates on my blog are dedicated to Evelyn. This post is dedicated to my little boy.
Jacob is the coolest 2 year old I have ever met. Every day he says something new and more entertaining. He loves his baby sister and does everything he can to help her. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He can reach things further back on the counter and do more "all by myself."
A couple of weeks ago, I was at my parents house after a day at the zoo. He was standing next to me upstairs watching TV and drinking his milk in a sippy cup. Then, all of a sudden, he turned and chucked his sippy cup toward the stairs. It kind of surprised me, so I started laughing. When he looked at me with a dead-pan expression on his face, I asked what he was doing. With a hint of sarcasm, he answered, "I was trying to throw it on the stairs." Oh. Silly question.
Today, he was going to go play with Grandpa while I took Evelyn to the Doctor. It was close to time to go, so I told him to come upstairs with me so we could get ready. He started to come, then said, "Oh, I need one more grape. Be right back." So he went in the kitchen and pulled his stool over to the grapes and got himself one. Then he came upstairs and played for a minute before he remembered that he needed another one. So he started to walk out of the room and turned around to ask if I wanted the gate open or closed and then if I wanted the door open or closed. I told him open, so he said he'd be right back. We repeated the process about 5 times, with him going all the way downstairs, getting one grape and coming all the way back up. It just reminded me of how independant he is becoming.
A couple of nights ago, I taught him about telling secrets. He loves to whisper "I wuv ooo" in our ears and having us tell him that we love him too. Then, last night, he couldn't sleep because he has a pretty nasty and painful diaper rash. I brought him into our room while daddy looked all over the house for one of our 3 tubes of diaper rash cream. We sat on the bed and attempted to do shadow puppets on the wall and ceiling. I'm not quite sure he got the idea, When Joseph finally came back (with no diaper cream), we showed him what we were doing so he joined in. I kept asking what shape Jacob thought daddy was doing and his answers were either "I don't know," or "a bunny rabbit's hand." Then, when Joseph was doing a bunny rabbit, Jacob saw a "little garbage dump truck." He's just a cute kid. He loves to pretend, draw, tell secrets, dress in his daddy's clothes, help with dishes and sweeping (he's getting good at holding the dust pan), and share with Evelyn. I just love that little redheaded boy!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad to hear all the fun things Jacob is doing. I always think that the stage they are in is may favorite...until they hit the next stage and then that is my favorite. It just gets more and more fun. We wish we could be there with all of you to see things first hand. And no I will not be doing Mt. Everest anytime soon.
I love that little red headed boy too!! He is so cute and so sweet. I just love watching him with Evelyn. Such a great big brother!
Hey, this is Kristen formally Olsen. I just stumbled across your blog. That was so sweet how you dedicaated that to your little boy. He sounds like such a sweetie. Isn't being a mom the best?
He's so cute!! How fun for you!
Post a Comment