We had a pretty big breakthrough today. Jacob TALKED to his nursery leader. He's only been in there for a year and he finally answered a question she asked him. So to all of you adults who try to get him to talk, you just have to see him for at least 2 hours every week for a year, then he might talk to you.
Speaking of nursery, apparently, they teach some crazy things in there. We ask Jacob each week what he learned in nursery. Usually, he says some pretty normal things...Jesus, family, puzzles, etc. Normal stuff. Today, though, his answer to our question was, "I learned about dinosaurs. And socks. That's all. Oh, and more dinosaurs." Trying to keep a straight face, Joseph asked if he learned anything about Jesus. Jacob answered in the affirmative. Jesus is the link that ties it all together, apparently.
A couple of weeks ago, Jacob and Evelyn's cousins came from California to play for a few days. We had a great time playing in the water with them, and Jacob misses them very much. He keeps asking to go play with them. Unfortunately the drive is a little too long to just have a play date. We will get to see them in July, though. Here are some pictures of our activities.
We went to the Children's Museum...

Jacob rode a motorcycle. Whenever we see a motorcycle, wherever we are, Jacob gets excited and has to make sure everyone else saw it, as well. When it came to him riding one, he was actually a little mad that I put him on it to take the picture. Kids.

Then they played on the plasma cars. Jacob couldn't figure out how to make them go. Luckily, his older cousin, LeOra is pretty much a pro and Jacob was more than willing to just hang out while she drove him around.

Grandma got to hang out with the little girls. I think she was busier trying to keep things out of mouths and stop escape attempts than she was playing with the babies.

We also took family pictures. We don't have them yet, but we took a couple with our camera. This is Mackinsie, Jacob and LeOra eating grandma's snacks after taking pictures. The kids were all really good for the pictures, considering the heat and the fact that we were telling them to look happy.
This was at the park. It was the first time in a long time we've seen a peacock with his feathers all spread out. The kids loved it.
Jacob loves to vacuum. He asks to at least once a day. Am I really going to tell the kid no?
Toddler water day at the park was fun, too. His favorites were the bubbles and the slip and slide.
We had to tell him to lay on his belly, then push him down to the end.
We've decided that bathing in the sink is just easier for our messy little girl. Less food to plug up the bathtub drain. We've already had a lot of fun this summer and are looking forward to a lot more. In just 10 days, Evelyn will turn 1. Hard to believe, I know. Then, we will be traveling to visit family and friends for all of July.
3 comments:
FUN! That peacock was so cool, i don't think i've ever seen one do that!
I guess I don't feel so bad that Jacob wouldn't talk to me at Christmas then. Maybe this summer??
Marlowe, I just barely got caught up on your blog-so fun! And I hadn't even seen your post about my cake-I was so impressed-I sent pictures to my mom and sis-I will never forget that cake-I wish I could put it in my nursery-whenever I get one of those!
Post a Comment