We've had a couple of experiences with Jacob this week that I just had to share. On Monday and Tuesday nights, he woke up crying briefly, then went back to sleep. I think he was having bad dreams. Wednesday night, he kept getting up and coming out and asking for me. Finally, I went upstairs to talk to him and put him back in bed for the 50th time. When I put him in bed, I asked if he wanted to say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help him sleep. He popped right up and folded his arms and closed his eyes. So we said a prayer that he'd be happy and sleep well. After we finished, Jacob got a big smile on his face and asked, "Is God here?" I told him, "Yes, He is, can you feel him?" Jacob put his little hand up and said, with an excited giggle, "yes, I can." So I told him that he could feel God's spirit in his heart and in his head and that He would help him sleep. He started giggling excitedly and put his head on his pillow and we didn't see him again that night.
Then, the next night, Jacob and I were laying in my bed waiting for Daddy to get home. We were talking when he randomly said, "I love you." I smiled and said, "I love you, too." He looked at me with a frown and said, "I was talking to God, not you! I love you, God." Then we started talking about God and Jesus and how they love us. He then wanted to know where God was, so I asked him what he thought. He told me that God is at the temple and there's a big Jesus at the temple and he can go there and tell Jesus, "I love you, Jesus!"
Then, yesterday, my friend got baptised out in Mesa. Jacob was so excited to go to the baptism and he took his friend, Henry the monkey, with him. He was so good and helped Henry stay reverent the whole time. Well, except for the occasional roar directed at his sister. We have been talking a lot about testimonies lately and when the speaker at the baptism said the word 'testimony,' Jacob perked right up and told his Daddy, "she said testimony, Daddy!" Then, he kept listening to see if she would say it again. After the baptism, we got to go to the Visitor's Center at the temple. Jacob walked all around and told us about all of the pictures of Christ and what was happening. We also got to see the Christus statue and hear the recording of the verse from the Bible. Jacob and Henry were excited and sat up straight and tall while Jesus was talking to them. It is so fun seeing that Jacob remembers things we've taught him and loves the Gospel so much. It is also pretty humbling to me that he is so excited about it. It really makes me want to be better so he will know that it is important to me too.
On a different note, the other day, we took Joseph to school, then had a couple of errands to run before we went to the gym. So after I dropped Joseph off, I called the gym to schedule the kids for the child care center. Then, we ran our errands and were on our way to the gym. Jacob asked where we were going, so I told him that we were going to exercise. He asked to use my phone, so I passed it back to him to make his phone call. This is what I heard, "Hi, child care center, please. Hello, I would like to schedule my friend, Henry, to come in. Is that OK? OK thank you." Then he handed the phone back to me. I laughed the whole way to the gym. Kids really are paying attention to everything. There is just something extra funny about hearing a two year old say words like 'schedule' and say exactly what I say each time I call the gym.
Evelyn has also been busy this past little while. She is starting to walk and do somersaults. One of her favorite things to do is put her hands, feet and head on the floor with her legs straight and her bum straight up in the air and walk. She looks like a little bulldozer. Then, she stops and puts one leg up in the air and kind of topples over. She thinks it is so funny. She did do an actual somersault one day, but has not repeated it since then. She can also sign more, banana, finished, daddy and milk. She is learning so much and is so active. It won't be long before she is running around tormenting Jacob even more. We love her and are so glad she is doing so well. Her main job is to keep us entertained and she certainly does.
Well, that is all the update I have right now. When our camera comes back from vacation, we will have some pictures to put up, but until then, this is it.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
how cute is that!!! Little kids are amazing!
Post a Comment