Evelyn had her 6 month appointment today. She is 18 lb 2 oz, 28" long. She's at the top of the charts for everything including her big ol' head. We are going to be referred to an early intervention Physical therapist if she doesn't start rolling over in the next month. She tries to go back to belly, but hasn't gotten all the way over. Her pediatrician says that part of it is that big noggin of hers, and part the fact that she was flat on her back for so long. She says that she's not too worried yet, Evelyn is only borderline delayed for her gross motor, but she might as well refer her and get the process going.
Evelyn is also going to be referred to an allergist. She has had a rash off and on for the past couple of months. It seems to be related to when I drink milk, it's a little hard to tell, but the real reason is that she had a reaction when I fed her rice cereal. I gave her one little spoonful and her face got bright red with little raised white splotches. It totally freaked me out. RICE CEREAL. I mean really, who's allergic to rice?!? So I reported to the doc and she said that with most kids, she wouldn't worry much, just avoid it for a while, but with what Evelyn's already been through, why take any chances. Besides, she doesn't want me freaking out about everything I feed her. So they will test her for the 5 most common food allergies and we'll see how my diet will have to change.....

1 comment:
My alyssa has some food allergies like cashews, that was a fun trip to the ER, NOT! Her skin would get itchy like eczema, not that she is 7 she is starting to out grow it, but when she was a baby it was really bad
Best to you
Post a Comment