Thursday, December 18, 2008

A big brother's love

I always said I wanted to have a boy first so that my girls could have a big brother to protect them. I am already seeing that happen. Jacob has become VERY protective of his little sister. One day in Payless, I had Evelyn in her car seat sitting on the floor. Jacob was doing his own thing, probably bringing me one of every shoe on the shelf, when a little boy came over and bent down to look at "the baby." Jacob saw this happen and was not about to let someone mess with his baby sister and came over and took the carseat by the handle and turned it around so the kid couldn't see her and told the little boy, "No look at her. No touch her." Then, later, the same kid was trying to look at her again while we were in line. Jacob just came over and stood right next to her as if to say, "Yeah, I DARE you to get close with me here." I thought it was really funny and not too surprising since he will do anything for her.

Then, today, we went in for Evelyn's 6 month check up. When the Dr. came in, Jacob was sitting peacefully on his chair reading his book. While she was just talking to me, getting information, Jacob continued to sit on his chair, but watching the Doctor. Then, when she came over and started to look at Evelyn, Jacob came right over and stood right by the table where he could see what was being done to his sister. He watched what was going on without saying anything until Evelyn started fussing. Then he stood there glaring at the mean doctor. After Evelyn's shots, he told me, "Mommy, Evelyn sad. Tell her 'be happy.'" Such a sweet big brother. He is constantly bringing her his toys and making sure she is happy. If we don't come fast enough when she cries at night when he is in bed, he gets out of bed and opens the door so we will hear her better. If that doesn't work, he starts to cry loudly until he can hear us coming. As soon as we take care of her, he is fine. I love that little kid!

1 comment:

Diana said...

What a sweet brother!