Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jingle Bell Hike



Last Saturday, the City of Glendale had a "Jingle Bell Hike to Santa." Since it is supposed to be for kids I didn't think it would be a very hard hike and that Jacob could do it with no problems. It was at a place where I had run when I was in Cross Country in HS, so I knew there were easy trails. Well, we get there and it is on this trail that starts out going up a hill we used for our hill training (UGH!!!) and then goes back on the mountain a bit. It wasn't really that hard for bigger people, but Jacob didn't make it up the first hill. I was determined though. We finally got to Santa and they gave Jacob a big candy cane which his not-really-thinking mother unwrapped while he was sitting on my shoulders. It got stuck in my hair, but not too bad. All-in-all, it was fun, but next year will be more fun for Jacob. He isn't all that excited about Santa yet.

3 comments:

The Ziegler Family said...

Very cute. I would have loved to go with you all...except for the hiking up a hill part.

Diana said...

That sounds like fun! We will have to check that out next year...remind me!

I have been meaning to ask you your blog address and keep forgetting. Claire told me last night and then I didn't have a chance to go to it. Glad I found you today.

Happy Bloggin'! ...hope Joseph isn't giving you a hard time! :-)

Emanuelsons said...

Good for you! Jacob looked like he was having fun!